This camp can accommodate 10 guests with tour leader or a group of 12 guests
Number of tents:
Six tented rooms consisting of:
• 4 x ¾ twin bedded tents
• 1 king-size bedded tent
• 1 guide tent (same standard as guest tent)
• East African style tents on 2-3m raised decks.
• All tents have verandas overlooking the floodplains with spectacular views.
• Fans in all tents.
• En-suite facilities with an indoor and outdoor shower.
• Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent.
• Safe in each tent.
Tubu Tree Camp Activities:
• Land game drives 3 x 10-seater, open 4 x 4 Land Rovers each accommodating maximum seven guests, allowing all guests an outside seat.
• The camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their camera while on game drive.
• Night drives with spotlight.
• 7 x 2-seater mokoro.
• 1 x 12-seater boat (subject to water levels permitting its use).
• Fishing - on a catch and release basis year round except January and February when fishing is barred by law for breeding. We offer spinner rods and a small range of lures. Fly fishing equipment to be supplied by guest if required.
• A raised hide located about 20 minutes from camp (which can be used for sleep-outs – maximum 4 people at a time; equipped with a long-drop loo).
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h00/06h00 Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices and pastries served in the dining area.
05h30/06h30 Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h00 Brunch consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests will be at leisure. Birding, talks and a visit to the hide are informally offered.
16h00/15h00 Afternoon tea consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
16h30/15h30 Depart on afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks served for sundowners during the course of the activity.
19h30/19h00 Return to camp (later if good game sightings).
20h00/19h30 Pre-dinner drinks and snacks are served at the bar.
20h30/20h00 Three course dinner. Generally speaking the starter and dessert is served whilst the main course is buffet style.
21h30/21h00 Coffee and liqueurs served at the campfire.