Savuti Camp is a classic wilderness camp located within the private Linyanti
concession in Northern Botswana along the Savute Channel 17km from its source. It borders Chobe National Park to the east.Camp Description
• Dining room and bar under thatch overlooking the Savute Channel.
• Extended deck for starlit dinners next to the fire.
• Evening fire sides in traditional kgotla/boma.
• Plunge pool.
• Small library
• Small curio shop.
• Digital projector availableChildren
Children of 6 years and older are accommodated, however, private activities need to be booked and paid for. The minimum age for walking activities is 12 years.Number of tents
The camp can accommodate 14 guests plus a tour leader/guide/escort.
• 6 ¾ twin bedded tents (3 of which can be converted into king-size beds on request)
• 1 family tent (2 inter-leading bedrooms each with its own bathroom and entrance)
• 1 twin-bedded guide tent (not the same standard as a guest tent)Tent details
• All tents with private en-suite bathroom facilities with double basin, shower and flush toilet.
• Tents on decks with a view over the Savute Channel.
• Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent.
• Ceiling fan inside each tent.
• Safe in each tent.Electricity & Water
• Camp has 220v generator-powered electricity run in kitchen and main areas when guests are not in camp. When guests return from activities, generators generally switched off (for peace in camp).
• 220V inverter power used for lighting and fans in each tent 24hrs/day.
• 220V plugs available in each tent for the charging of batteries. Hence bring extra batteries and charging unit
• Multi-national adaptors in each room
• Plug points are available in each tent so that sleep apnoea machines may be used.
• Solar-heated water
Savuti Camp Activities:
Predator sightings of lion, cheetah, leopard and wild dogs are good. Elephant viewing is amongst the best anywhere especially in winter. Plains game viewing is good – zebra, buffalo, giraffe and excellent hippo. Roan sightings are possible. Excellent birding.
• Drives in 4 x 10-seater vehicles (maximum 7 accommodated per vehicle to allow an outside seat for each guest)
• Camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their camera while on game drive.
• A raised hide overlooking a waterhole
• Sleep outs can be arranged at the elevated hide with a minimum 3 night stay. The Savuti hide is an elevated platform equipped with bed rolls, mosquito nets and long drop toilet. Minimum age requirement is 12 years and older.
• Night drives.
• Game walks (on request).
• It is possible to use the boats at DumaTau Camp on request if the party have booked out the entire camp.
• 2 x boats each taking a maximum of 8 guests. Boat rides can be taken in the morning, during the midday, or as an afternoon activity.
• Fishing on a catch and release basis (fishing is prohibited in Botswana in January and February for fish breeding purposes). The camp has a small stock of basic rods and reels but fly fishing equipment is to be supplied by guest if required. Savuti is not billed as a tigerfish destination and the species typically caught here are bream and barbel.
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h30/06h00 – Wake up call. Light continental breakfast of cereals, tea/coffee/juice and pastries served in the dining area.
06h00/06h30 – Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h00 – Brunch consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests will be at leisure.
16h00/15h30 – Afternoon tea consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
16h30/16h00 – Afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks will be served for sundowners during the course of the activity.
19h30/19h00 – Return to camp (later if good game sightings).
20h00/19h30 – Pre-dinner drinks and snacks served at the bar.
20h30/20h00 – Three-course dinners – generally speaking the starter and dessert is served, whilst the main course is buffet style.
21h30/21h00 – Coffee and liqueurs served at the campfire.
Savuti Camp Map: