Dinaka Safari Lodge invites you to lose yourself in an African sky – whether you’re captured by a sunset, dazzled by the diamond-dotted night sky above you or in awe of the high-noon endless soft blue – Dinaka is a destination to be remembered.
The constantly changing face of this desert landscape – from stark wilderness in winter, to lush vegetation in summer – makes Dinaka an African holiday to be remembered.
The Central Kalahari Game Reserve is the largest national park in Botswana; centrally situated in the country it is often referred to as the "heart of Botswana".
The Kalahari`s wide open spaces, intense solitude and rolling dunes that are well vegetated with grass and scrub make it a unique African holiday destination.
Following the summer rains (November to March) the land transforms from dry, dusty and sparse thirst-lands into green grazing grounds of lush vegetation, with water collecting in the pans. It is during the cooler winter months (May to August), when the land is drier, that the animals congregate around waterholes, making them easier to spot!
A small lodge of only 7 tents, Dinaka Safari Lodge is able to provide your client with real home comforts without losing its authentic bush feel.
The spacious main lodge is furnished with comfort in mind and provides your client with lounges, both a dining and bar area, and splash pool for those hotter months.
To minimize any effects on the pristine natural environment the camp is 100% solar operated.
Each tent is a private hideaway, nestled under the branches of the ‘Purple Pod’ trees; they blend in with the natural surroundings. All tents have an en-suite bathroom, with an open air shower and flushing toilet, along with a dressing area, and a bedroom with large white linen covered beds (king size, or 2 singles).
At the entrance to each tent is a covered veranda that overlooks the permanent waterhole we created – a perfect spot to relax in after a day of new sights and sounds.
Dinaka Safari Lodge Activities:
To make the most of your clients Botswana holiday, Dinaka Safari Lodge offer a range of activities that show-off the best that the Central Kalahari has to offer.
- Game drives - Both during the day and night. Watch the vast landscape transform as the sun sets and darkness settles in over the bush revealing new creatures and night-calls.
- Nature walks with Bushmen trackers –Learn from, or simply enjoy being in the presence of someone who is as much a part of the African bush as the sand you walk on or the sky you walk under.
- Stargazing - The night sky is a diamond studded wonder. We will have an opportunity to share our knowledge of the African skies with you. More detailed astronomy courses can be provided by special arrangement.
- Sundowners on a raised hide overlooking a waterhole – With a drink of their own, they can watch a myriad of animals quench their thirst after a long day in the African sun.
- Photographic safaris - capture moments of the Kalahari; perhaps a dew-lit sunrise or the giant African bullfrog in a rain filled pan...
- Birding safaris – with over 200 positively identified bird species, the central Kalahari truly is a birders paradise.
During your clients stay at Dinaka, they can expect to see a wide array of animals, from the antelope – eland, kudu, gemsbok, impala, springbok and steenbok – to the reptiles, insects, birds and small mammals like the Honey Badger and porcupine – to the predators – the Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard and brown hyenas.
Dinaka Safari Lodge Map: