Chitabe Lediba is a classic wilderness camp located in a private concession in the south-eastern Okavango Delta with the Moremi Game Reserve bordering the north and east.Game Viewing
The area is a combination of open grassland, acacia-forest and shallow waterways. Game viewing is varied from the lush green period after the rains to the dry winter months when plains game numbers peak.
Buffalo, elephant, lion, warthog, kudu, hippo, giraffe, leopard, cheetah, tsessebe are found throughout the year. Wild dog are frequently seen in the concession.Safaris
The camp can only be reached by light aircraft.
The choice of safaris includes: Okavango Fly In Safari
A minimum stay of 2 nights at a camp is recommended. The camp is reached by light aircraft only and visitors can start or end their safari in Maun or Kasane (Botswana). Departures are daily.
Prices vary according to where you start and finish your safari.
Your safari can be customised to include another camp offering a different habitat and different activities.Camp Description
• Private small camp.
• The camp is raised on a deck with elevated walkways connecting the rooms to the public areas, which are under thatch
• Lounge / dining room and bar area
• Plunge pool.
• Evening campfire.
• Dinner under the stars (traditional kgotla/boma style) – weather permitting.
• Digital projector available
• Curio shop
• LibraryElectricity & Water
• Camp has 220v generator powered electricity that runs for 7hrs per day when guests are out on activities. When guests return from daily activities, generators generally switched off (for peace in camp).
• Inverter system is used for lighting and fans in each guest room 24hrs/day.
• Plug points are available in each room for charging of batteries and sleep apnoea machines only. Please bring spare battery, charging unit and adaptors.
• Electricity-heated water.
This camp can accommodate 8 guests plus tour leader or 10 guests in a private group (it is also possible on request to accommodate up to 14 guests when using both rooms of each family room).
Number of tents:
5 luxury canvas safari-styled rooms consisting of:
• 1 x ¾ twin bedded room
• 1 queen sized bedded room
• 2 Family units – each accommodates 4 guests (each has 1 king-size bed and 2 x ¾ beds)
• 1 guide/pilot/tour leader twin tent (this is the same standard as a guest tent and is shared between Lediba and Chitabe Main camps).
• All canvas, luxury safari-styled rooms on raised decks.
• En-suite facilities within each room with outdoor shower in addition to indoor shower
• Fans in all rooms.
• Double sliding door entrance to each room.
• Verandas overlooking the floodplains.
• Mosquito nets in all the rooms.
• Soaps, shampoos, lotions, gowns, torches and insect repellents are supplied in each room.
• Electronic safe in each room.
• Environmentally friendly washing soap is provided for the washing of “smalls”
Children of 6 years and older are accommodated however private activities need to be booked and paid for. The minimum age for walking activities is 12 years.
Chitabe Lediba Camp Activities:
• Land game drives in open 4x4 Land Rovers – the camp has 2x 10-seater Land Rovers, each accommodating a maximum of 7 guests so that each guest is afforded an outside seat.
• The camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their camera while on a game activity.
• Day and night drives.
• Walking safaris are offered from camp on request.
• Raised platform hides, one within walking distance from the camp (accessibility dependant on water levels)
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h00/06h00 - Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices, yogurt, cereals and pastries to be served in the dining area.
05h30//06h30 - Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h99 - Brunch served, consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests are at leisure.
16h00/15h00 - Afternoon tea served, consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
16h30/15h30 - Depart on afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks served for sundowners during the course of the activity.
19h30/19h00 - Return to camp (but could be later if good game sightings).
20h00/19h30 - Pre-dinner drinks and snacks served at the bar.
20h30/20h00 - Three-course dinner – generally speaking the starter and dessert is served, whilst the main course is buffet style.
21h30/21h00 - Coffee and liqueurs served at the campfire.
Chitabe Lediba Camp Map: