Chitabe Camp is a classic wilderness camp located in a private reserve in south-eastern Okavango Delta with the Moremi Game Reserve bordering the north and east.
• On raised wooden platforms and walkways linking thatched communal area with rooms.
• Evening campfire
• Plunge pool
• Digital projector available
• Curio shop
• Dinners under the stars (traditional Kgotla/boma style) – weather permitting.
• Private vehicle on request.
Electricity & Water
• Camp has 220v generator powered electricity that runs for 7hrs per day when guests are out on activities. When guests return from daily activities, generators generally switched off (for peace in camp).
• Inverter system is used for lighting and fans in each guest room 24hrs/day.
• Plug points are available in each room for charging of batteries and for the use of sleep apnoea machines only. Please bring spare battery, charging unit and adaptors.
• Electricity-heated water.
Laundry is done on a daily basis and inclusive in the nightly tariff.
Children of 6 years and older are accommodated however private activities need to be booked and paid for. The minimum age for walking activities is 12 years.
This camp can accommodate 16 guests with a tour leader.
Number of tents:
8 luxury canvas safari-styled rooms consisting of:
• 7 x ¾ twin-bedded rooms
• 1 king-size-bedded room
• 1 twin guide room (located at and shared with Chitabe Lediba Camp which is within walking distance)
• All canvas, luxury safari-styled rooms on raised decks.
• En-suite; additional outdoor showers and outdoor sitting area on raised platforms overlooking floodplains.
• Double sliding door entrance to each room.
• Standing fans in all guest rooms.
• Mosquito nets in all rooms.
• Gowns, soaps, shampoos, lotions and insect repellents are supplied in each room.
• Electronic safe in each room.
• Environmentally friendly washing soap is provided for the washing of “smalls”
Chitabe Camp Activities:
The area is a combination of open grasslands, acacia woodland and shallow waterways. Game viewing is varied from the lush green period after the rains to the dry winter months when plains game numbers peak.
Buffalo, elephant, lion, warthog, lechwe, hippo, giraffe, leopard, cheetah and tsessebe are found throughout the year. Wild dog are frequently seen in the concession.
• Land-based game drives in open 4x4 Land Rovers – the camp has 3 x 10-seater Land Rovers each accommodating a maximum of seven guests, allowing all guests an outside seat.
• The camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their camera while on a game activity.
• Night drives with spotlight.
• Walking safaris are offered from camp on request basis.
• Raised platform hides, one within walking distance from the camp (accessibility dependant on water levels)
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
05h00/06h00 – Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices and
pastries served in the dining area.
05h30/06h30 – Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h00 – Brunch, consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests are at leisure. Bird walks, talks and a visit to the hide are informally offered.
16h00/15h00 – Afternoon tea served consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
16h30/15h30 – Depart on afternoon game viewing activity – drinks and snacks served for sundowners
during the course of the activity.
19h30/19h00 – Return to camp (but could be later if good game sightings).
20h00/19h30 – Pre-dinner drinks and snacks are served at the bar.
20h30/20h00 – Three-course dinner – generally speaking the starter and dessert is served, whilst the
main course is buffet style.
21h30/21h00 – Coffee and liqueurs served at the campfire.
Chitabe Camp Map:
Eight intimate African-inspired cottages with ensuite bathroom, twin hand basin, separate w.c and outdoor shower and dressing area are situated in a remote wilderness area in the southeastern Okavango Delta.
per person sharing